Yamaha Viking Windsheild
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

Yamaha Viking Windsheild

This is a discussion on Yamaha Viking Windsheild within the Viking Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Garage category; Made my own windshield for the Viking for $180 out of 1/4" lexan... A lot better than the 475 Yamaha wants!...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Yamaha Viking Windsheild

Member #

Cool Yamaha Viking Windsheild

Made my own windshield for the Viking for $180 out of 1/4" lexan... A lot better than the 475 Yamaha wants!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    4Nines and dascrow like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcelheny View Post
    Made my own windshield for the Viking for $180 out of 1/4" lexan... A lot better than the 475 Yamaha wants!
    awesome job on the windshield. I was thinking about doing the same thing. What did you use for clamps and what did you use to cut the wavy lines
    over the hood? I have never done anything with lexan.

Member #
    lexan is very easy to work with wont break or crack like plexiglass.... the clamps are 2" clamps from an ebay store called zoro tools. they also have a website Zoro Tools Industrial Supplies.. the weatherstripping comes in a 6' length from rockymountainatv.com.... bolts from the hardware store.... my dad and I started with a piece of cardboard larger than the roll bar opening and began cutting to get between the bars... (stay within a 1/4" of the bars so your clamps reach, or as tight as you can! lexan is easy to cut some off or belt sand down some)after the cardboard was snug.. we used a compass (what you draw circles with) to draw a pattern on the cardboard as it rode across the hood.. but hell,, its cardboard just cut and fit, and cut and fit... local glass shop cut the 1/4" lexan to shape for 160 bucks...I love it and most of all the money I saved...

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Great job there, looks like one you'd pay Yamaha's price for.

Member #
    Does the full windshield cause problems with sucking in dust and fumes? Everything I read about windshields indicates a they create some kind of vortex effect that
    pulls in everything from the road and back of the machine. I am thinking about testing a half windshield using a piece of thin plywood to see what the effect is before
    I buy the lexan.

Member #
    Your windshield looks great! Nice work and thanks for posting it up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Does the full windshield cause problems with sucking in dust and fumes? Everything I read about windshields indicates a they create some kind of vortex effect that
    pulls in everything from the road and back of the machine. I am thinking about testing a half windshield using a piece of thin plywood to see what the effect is before
    I buy the lexan.
    It depends. Sometimes a full windshield can cause the air to tumble around the cab. Making it seem like it sucks the dirt in. The way to eliminate this is by adding a back window. That keeps the tumble effect from happening and keeps the interior air nice and dust free.

Member #
    Nice job putting that windshield together. I know several utv owners that consider the windshield a must!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dascrow View Post
    Nice job putting that windshield together. I know several utv owners that consider the windshield a must!
    I know we certainly did when we were driving up in the Rockies at night and it was raining

Member #
    Ordered one of the Nylon/Velcro vinyl windshields today just to keep most of the cold air off the upper body. It was only $40. I will update when it comes in and
    let the group know how well it works. They didn't have one specifically for the Viking yet so I got the biggest one they had at 55x26 inches. With the Velcro straps
    it should fit ok. For the price and the ease of off and on I figured it might be worth a shot. If not I am planning on making a 2 section one out of lexan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links