2018 Viking EPS Tires & Wheels
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

This is a discussion on 2018 Viking EPS Tires & Wheels within the Yamaha Viking VI forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; We live in Wickenburg, Az and around here there is no end to the desert trails you can ride on from very easy to some ...

Thread: 2018 Viking EPS Tires & Wheels

Member #

We live in Wickenburg, Az and around here there is no end to the desert trails you can ride on from very easy to some you would not want to try out. Looking to upgrade the wheels and tires to a larger size to add some more ground clearance and more traction in this rocky terrain.
    Around here in Az there are lots of people taking off their brand new tires and wheels and they are selling them for next to nothing $400 and $500 for a full set. I can get a set of 29x11x14"s or 30x11x14's tires and wheels $450. I would have to get wheel adaptors to fit the wheels. Will that cause any problems with pulling these larger tires, would I need a clutch upgrade or?
    Or is it better to stay with the 12" wheels and just get larger tires? Also looking at lift kits.

Member #
    Go for it. You may feel the bigger tires, but they're not huge so you should be ok. Plus, you'll have way more tire options down the road for those 14" wheels.
    SuperATV Official Website
    10% Forum Member Discount On Any Purchase
    Just enter VIKINGFORUM code at checkout! No mulitple forum coupon codes accepted.
    Follow us on Facebook: SuperATV

Member #

Thumbs up

Ordered a Highlift 2" lift kit that will show up in a couple of days also found a guy down in Buckeye that has full set of 28x 10x 14 Mongrel tires on SS wheels with the spacer adaptors included for $500. The tires look to be about 80% on the tread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Maybe a little late to chime in . I I Swapped over to a 14" rim and went up to a 27" (real 27" ) tire. Huge improvement. No clutch work either.Name:  20190830_171546_1580438146081.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  98.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    I'll have to post a pic of the scooter with the 14x28's on it. Looks like a completely different UTV, I picked up a set of 28x10x14 Mongrels on SS wheels down in Buckeye for $450. One great thing the wheels were 4/110 so fit right on, had to get a set of lugs. With a 2" installed and the new wheels and tires it now has 15" of clearance so now I'm not hitting every other rock on the trail and believe me here in Az we have lots of rocks of all sizes. I didn't notice much difference in performance, run low gear a little bit more in some of the ruffer spots, the speedo it about 1+ mph slow.
    A couple days ago a group of us went up to Yarnel, pretty easy desert trails, came back down a different route and down the Hassayampa river through box canyon which still has plenty of water in it and our feet never got wet this time.
    I would like to know the idiot at Yamaha who decided that the little glove box should have two drain holes in it right behind the right front tire which by the way throws a whole lot of water, well those holes now are siliconed.

Member #
    Name:  Yamaha 2-3.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  77.7 KB With the 28" tires on 14" wheels.

Sponsored Links