cylinder head is warped
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

cylinder head is warped

This is a discussion on cylinder head is warped within the Yamaha Viking VI forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; Hello everyone , it’s been a while since I’m have posted but I am back! My Yammy has been great and fun to ride but ...

Thread: cylinder head is warped

Member #

cylinder head is warped

Hello everyone , it’s been a while since I’m have posted but I am back! My Yammy has been great and fun to ride but recently I hit a bit of trouble that started with the radiator fan needing to be replaced, then the thermostat. The temp light kept turning on, I would limp it back home after it cooled off. Turns out the the cylinder head is warped. My question is, what is the absolute cheapest replacement part I can buy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Member #
    really? i be checking the bottom end as well . warping the head does not happen by it self ,, You over heated the motor. the thermostatic is a fail safe unit stays open when temp is exceeded, the temp sending unit is probably ok . the fan can be repaired by opening it up and cleaning provided it is not corroded to badly , you will need to clean the commuter and replace the ball bearing, it will work! and is cheaper than buying stock replacement! lok at amazon for replacement unit similiar and on you tube for other repairs available! as for the motor check ing the bottom end is extremely recommeded to avoid ripping it apart when the crank bearing burns out! ,, this is a good time to think about rebore or patch. up to you , i would consider rebuild and punch it out to max! chip it and feeel the power. like never before. be safe , be well! but then again do like everyone else patch and let someone else worry about ( not saying that you would do ).
    Last edited by Wiley; 07-08-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Sponsored Links