Yamaha Viking Forum banner

Custom LED Headlights

14K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  6Foot6Bull 
#1 ·
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Grey
. I got a wild hair and made some LED headlight housings with some Cree LED cubes built in. The difference in light is unbelievable and during the day makes viking look a lot meaner.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like an opportunity to me! Make some sets up and sell them. Love to see them at night compared to stock.

#6 ·
I'd settle for the how to. I can turn my iPad sideways. Lol.

#9 ·
Here goes so first I removed the stock headlight and measured the size of the hole which to the best of my memory was around 6 inches. I cut that size circle in some 16 gauge steel with the plasma cutter and ground to fit perfect in hole. I then made a template of front of cube light which I centered on plate that I just cut out and I cut it out with plasma cutter. I trimmed light hole a little big to allow some split vacuum line for a grommet. I then measured the depth and distance apart of the mounting tabs on the factory headlight at the 3 and 9 o'clock position. I took these measurements and cut some tabs to the depth measurement and welded them on to the faceplate to the distance apart measurement. I then centered light in faceplate with grommet installed I measured the distance between the mounting tab on the light and the face plate. I cut a tab for that measurement and welded it to faceplate with it lined up to light mounting bracket. I drilled that tab and bolted it to the light. I test fitted the whole assembly and had to trim the headlight hole at the 6 o'clock position to clear light mounting tab. Once everything fit I removed the two c-nuts of the tabs on factory headlight at the 6 and 9 o'clock position and put them on the tabs that I welded on the faceplate. The last step was to splice factory pigtail onto light. I disassembled everything and painted entire thing. I reassembled and installed onto vehicle got them adjusted and works awesome. Feel free to post back any questions.

#10 ·
Thanks Mello. That detailed explanation explains why it looks so good.

#14 ·
Put me in line also. Those are sharp.

Reactions: manwayvan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.