Coolant issue help please
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

This is a discussion on Coolant issue help please within the Viking Help forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Service Dept category; Hi all, New here so please bare with me. I have a 2015 Viking EPS and after changing the coolant it keeps on spitting coolant ...

Thread: Coolant issue help please

Member #

Hi all,

New here so please bare with me.

I have a 2015 Viking EPS and after changing the coolant it keeps on spitting coolant into the overflow tank and not drawing it back when it cools.

It does not appear to be getting hot. The temp light does not come on. The fan does for very short periods then stops. Its not getting hard work at all.

Ive bled the system of air multiple times according to the manual. Removed and checked the thermostat, all is ok.

Everthing seems to be ok except that the coolant is transferring from radiator to the overflow but not back again.

What am i missing ?, any help would be appreciated. ATV has only done 1400kms and 160hrs total. Is like new.

Member #
    Either you have air in the system or the cap is defective(not holding pressure). I'd park it with the front raised more then the back to help air escape easier to start.

Bob
    Member #
    Are you bleeding water pump as well as thermostat? Mine did this for 2 years, very annoying, everytime I bled the system air would get back in....then it started overheating especially at high speed...removed head and there was a bolt that was loose! You can see dark spot on gasket where it was leaking, I had head shaved and replaced with factory gaskets, not an issue anymore!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Sponsored Links