Viking EPS
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

Viking EPS

This is a discussion on Viking EPS within the Viking General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; Hi, Thanks again for letting me join your group. I'm planning on purchasing a new Viking and was wondering about the power steering. Do I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Viking EPS

Member #

Viking EPS

Hi,
    Thanks again for letting me join your group. I'm planning on purchasing a new Viking and was wondering about the power steering. Do I really need this $1500 option or is standard steering managable. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Member #
    EPS is really nice to have. If you are making a lot of tight turns with Diff Lock on you will appreciate it or if you are older like me and feeling lazy.

Almost nobody ends up paying that much extra for EPS. I think when I bought my Viking it was something like $800 more than the non-EPS version at my dealer.

A good option is getting the non-EPS version and adding it later yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Search Google for "Adding EPS to Viking" and the first link will take you to a forum discussion about it.

JoRo5o likes this.

Member #
    Thank you Bad M0nkey for your input. EPS for me here in Canada would cost $1469. There's a $1300 difference between the EPS and non-EPS models and then there's your sales tax on top of that. So yes, it's a very costly item but if I can manage without it then I will. However, I am also a senior so I guess we'll see how it goes. Thanks again for your input, it was greatly appreciated.
    Also, if there's anyone else out there who would like to comment, I would love hearing what you have to say. Thank you all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    You can buy it for $500 on-line and add it yourself later like I did
    JoRo5o likes this.
    TGM OffRoad

Member #
    EPS hand down.

Is it neccesary? probaly not. Is it nice to have and makes turning in tight areas easier, YES!!!!

I think Yamaha did a great job on how it "feels". It's very nimble at low speed but has less of an effect at higher speeds. I love my EPS...I would't buy another Viking or sidexside without it.
    JoRo5o likes this.
    -Robert

I don't measure life in dollar bills, I measure life with the joy I get out of it.

Member #
    go with it .if not u will later wished u had. I know it costs more but it is worth it.if u put bigger tires on it will help ask dealer if u can ride one of each then decide
    JoRo5o likes this.

Member #
    I asked my dealer what his thoughts were on the necessity of power steering an he said.... "you don't need it, we've been riding sxs' for a long time without it, no problems. I think it was made for the women with no arm strength!" hahahaha!!!

it was a money issue for me and if I had to do it all over again I would do it the same way and save a few bucks. Screw my salesman, I love the power steering!
    JoRo5o and CasparisviKING like this.
    TGM OffRoad

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Robleticia View Post
    I asked my dealer what his thoughts were on the necessity of power steering an he said.... "you don't need it, we've been riding sxs' for a long time without it, no problems. I think it was made for the women with no arm strength!" hahahaha!!!

it was a money issue for me and if I had to do it all over again I would do it the same way and save a few bucks. Screw my salesman, I love the power steering!
    I guess he had no EPS in stock.

JoRo5o likes this.

Member #
    Actually he did and I drove one. But I think he knew I was a tight wad
    JoRo5o likes this.
    TGM OffRoad

Member #
    I would personally never buy a machine without it after having it.
    JoRo5o likes this.
    Sold:2014 Viking VI
    Sedona Ripsaw 27" treads
    Spyder 14" wheels
    Yamaha Soft top
    UTV windshields & Acc. 16' windshield
    Yamaha glove box bag
    Yamaha Rear Window
    Kawasaki storage box
    4500lb Super Winch/Sythetic
    ProFilter filler neck filter
    Boss Bluetooth speaker tube