What did you do with your Viking today?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Viking today? within the Viking General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; I hauled this worrisome boar hog out of the woods....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What did you do with your Viking today?

Member #

I hauled this worrisome boar hog out of the woods.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    canamkayaker likes this.

Member #
    I know some of you guys, are bound to have done something on your Viking, in the last few days!

Member #
    Hi all, I've got the Viking last week, so all I did is a basic maintenance and cleaning. The filters looked fine and the previous owner mentioned that he changed them about 3 months ago. By the way how often should I clean/change the air filter?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Began installing the Sound Dampening Kit. The written directions from Yamaha have a lot to be desired.

Member #
    I would clean it about every 25 hours. I am not sure what the book says. A lot would depend upon the conditions. If it is raining and lot, and no dust, the filter is not going to get too dirty.
    Donawan likes this.

Member #
    A friend helped another guy install the sound dampening ket, and he said it was not hard. The newer ones comes with the sound deadening kit and the engine stabilizer. It does make a difference! I also installed a Silent Rider on the end of the regular muffler. It only reduced the noise about 2.5 dB, but it changed the tone to a more mellow sound. Check it out.
    Chuggy500 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    I would clean it about every 25 hours. I am not sure what the book says. A lot would depend upon the conditions. If it is raining and lot, and no dust, the filter is not going to get too dirty.
    So I found this exact filter online and instructions says "Clean every 10,000 miles" https://www.powersportsid.com/knn/of...n-ya-6914.html

...what a joke! Ok I guess just inspect it from time to time and use common sense.
    Chuggy500 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Donawan View Post
    So I found this exact filter online and instructions says "Clean every 10,000 miles" https://www.powersportsid.com/knn/of...n-ya-6914.html

...what a joke! Ok I guess just inspect it from time to time and use common sense.
    Hahaha, yeah I think they’re trying to be funny too many zero's there! You’re definitely on the right track with common sense, dusty conditions! check it regularly and it won’t actually need replacing unless it is showing signs of deterioration, if your in a really dusty place might be worth putting a snorkel on her, makes a huge difference

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    A friend helped another guy install the sound dampening ket, and he said it was not hard. The newer ones comes with the sound deadening kit and the engine stabilizer. It does make a difference! I also installed a Silent Rider on the end of the regular muffler. It only reduced the noise about 2.5 dB, but it changed the tone to a more mellow sound. Check it out.
    I have fitted the Silent Rider on mine too and was a little disappointed, definitely removed some of the big Thumper noise but still quite noisy, I’m thinking of getting a larger silencer custom made fo my Viking, there’s enough room behind the motor to put something more substantial in there.

Member #
    What kind, make of sound dampening kit did you get. Have been looking at mine thinking of way to insulate it a bit for sound.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links