Bent winch plate
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

Bent winch plate

This is a discussion on Bent winch plate within the Viking General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; I was out pushing back snow widening the driveway when I struck a rock pretty hard I was barely moving. Mounting plate fof winch bent ...

Thread: Bent winch plate

Member #

Bent winch plate

I was out pushing back snow widening the driveway when I struck a rock pretty hard I was barely moving.
    Mounting plate fof winch bent down pretty far and the cable is only holding by 2 strands.
    Any ideas how to bend it back
    Also the 2 bolts (quite accessible now that the fair lead is bent forward)that secure the plow mount to the winch plate need tightening daily with plow use the nuts always come slack
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Member #
    Ouch! Hard to tell from the pic's but probably have to heat it up with a torch and beat it back in place. Or if you could hold the frame some way and use a jack to bend the plate. Just about time to take the bad spot out of your cable.

Member #
    I finally made time to cut the cable tonight....I guess the fresh snowfall was the incentive.
    I think I know what happend to the plate the little roller on the plow had very bent pin holding it on had to saw it in 2 places to get the pin out of the roller to fix cable.
    Apparently the cable slipped off this roller with the bent pin causing the fraying and subsequently cable jammed and the winch being so powerful pulled the fairleed down toward the plow bending the plate.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Bent winch plate and front plow mount

Just at the dealer they gave me a new front mount kit and told me to bring the utv in no appointment necessary and they will fix it all back with new parts
    Good to see they stand behind the product.
    Now to get time to bring it in 1hr drive each way lots of slush and winter road dirt

Member #
    Sounds like the dealer is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links