Warn povantage 72" plow review
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

This is a discussion on Warn povantage 72" plow review within the Viking General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; So I have about 120hrs plowing tine on my 1600ft gravel lane plus 100 or so foot parking area by the house and another 250ft ...

Thread: Warn povantage 72" plow review

Member #

So I have about 120hrs plowing tine on my 1600ft gravel lane plus 100 or so foot parking area by the house and another 250ft lane so far this winter and just thought I'd give a review.
    3 passes and I'm done then I usually push back the sides to widen I have pushed through about 20in deep no problem for 1600ft with about 500lb of scrap copper,brass,and batteries in the bed for weight.
    Using 4x4 L with diff lock
    We had 4ft drifts last week it proved too much had go use my 24" blower(8hrs no lunch break)
    I have installed yellow plow markers you cant really see the edge of the plow from the driver seat
    Headlights are useless with plow raised i have installed a slim 18in light bar above the wiper under the roof it's very bright I dont even turn on the headlights.also have reverse lights installed very handy for plowing

Good
    1 snow rolls off nice
    2 angles side to side easily
    3 hand held winch control is great as you only need one hand to drive with the eps on the viking
    4 adjustable shoes good on the gravel establishing a plow base
    5 front mount is easy to install and remove plow does not reduce ground clearance so it can stay on year round

Bad...a few issues I have had
    1. on my maiden run with the plow got about 800 ft before the pins that hold the plow to the front mount fell out I found them on the skid plate re inserted only to loose them a few mins later...fix got 2 pins with holes in them from the shed and put them in with bent nail in the hols still using them no issue.
    2.the mounting bolts are always comming loose on the front mount to the frame to tighten have to remove the plow and skid plate to get access to the nuts...tightend it tonight prior to plowing and they were loose when I was finished.
    3.roller pin bent, frayed winch cable and jammed and bent fairleed on the winch plate down. I had to cut cable and attach hook again have yet to bend the mount back straight.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Member #
    Typo 20 hrs plowing not 120hrs.
    Was out plowing again today 15cm followed by12mm rain. Plowed with ease until.....
    Bolts came slack again and one sheared off plow is out of commission now I have to pick up some new bolts tommorow remove the winch and tighten it all down. Looks like the dealer only put 2 bolts in the mount there are 4 holes I'm gonna put 4 in it see if that helps

Member #
    Go and get some grade 8 bolts with lock nuts and put it together the right way like it should have been done the first time. That's along with cost is why I do all my own work. Here in Az we do have some of that white stuff but it's up north not down here, we get a dusting of snow about every 4 yrs when it gets cold enough.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Warn povantage 72 quot; plow review

Took the winch off today to put in some new bolts in the plow mount turns out all the remaining bolts were finger tight at best. Threads were all worn off bolts due to being slack but the worst is the mount is cracked in 2 places on the rear were the 2 bolts attach to the frame.
    Hopefully get a new one tommorow calling for 12" snow for friday

Looks like a weak design with the bottom cut out for the winch why not have it solid and just bolt winch to it
    You can see In the second pic you can see how much the fairleed is bent down

Sponsored Links