2015 VI Noise coming from rear in test drive
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

This is a discussion on 2015 VI Noise coming from rear in test drive within the Viking General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; First I am brand new to the forum and looked at a 2015 VI today. Acceleration seemed fine, seemed to shift through the gears well ...

Thread: 2015 VI Noise coming from rear in test drive

Member #

First I am brand new to the forum and looked at a 2015 VI today. Acceleration seemed fine, seemed to shift through the gears well with enough low end torque. I noticed though when letting off the accelerator or slowing down there is a noise coming from the rearend (rattle, clanking, ....hard to pinpoint the noise exactly). I first thought it was the rear differential but I have researched the topic on here and seems to be everything from mine has always done that to engine mounts. The guy selling it says it has done that since he owned it and he was told it was the clutch. I have never heard a clutch make this type of noise but it is clear the noise is coming from when the Viking is slowing or gearing down.

Any help would be appreciated as I try to decide on whether to purchase or not.

Member #
    Mine is a 2014 three seater and has never had a rattling clanking like you describe. With the factory wet clutch the engine brake is jerky when going down a hill on deceleration but slugging the clutch takes care of that.

Sponsored Links