Amazed at the places this thing goes...
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Viking Forum

This is a discussion on Amazed at the places this thing goes... within the Viking General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Viking Forums category; Hi, New to forum and UTVs in general although have many years of experience with trail riding on 4 wheelers Yamaha's and Hondas. I got ...

Thread: Amazed at the places this thing goes...

Member #

Hi, New to forum and UTVs in general although have many years of experience with trail riding on 4 wheelers Yamaha's and Hondas. I got some experience with UTVs this past Fall on a mule deer hunt in CO. All of them were polaris rangers 1000's. These things were beasts and I could not believe the places they could go which pretty much convinced me that I needed to get one. Name:  IMG_8229.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  68.2 KBDid all my research and after trying to get the most reliable, highest value to price ratio I landed on the Viking EPS. I've now had my 2020 Viking EPS for around 2 months, and I'm literally amazed where I can go with this and I honestly question whether there is anywhere this machine can't go that I would be able to go with 1000cc's. Most of my riding is in steep mountains in the Catskills of NY so I think i've put it through its paces. Not that anyone is asking but felt I needed to share my perspective.
    Last edited by Jstraus34; 04-14-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Member #
    Got my first utv back in november. Mostly used it snow clearing so far but I have taken it in the woods and down a few trails and it impressed me where it would go considering the size of it.

Member #
    Title spoke to me. Even 2 wheel exceeds my expectations but now that I have needed the locker 3 times I wonder if the winch will ever be needed unless that is just to roll it back on tires it is hard to act my age

4. Remove Advertisements
    VikingForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Ditsh them 25s and put some 27s on it with 2 inch ift and watch it go!!

Member #
    What kind of tires are good/ better/best on the viking

Member #
    Wondering the same thing about the winch, unless I'm going to go completely off the trail it will probably never get used. Even with the stock wheels and tires this thing is a beast. So happy with it. Getting the brush guard and light protector for the front. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 12" floodlight for mounting on the brush guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Twang View Post
    Title spoke to me. Even 2 wheel exceeds my expectations but now that I have needed the locker 3 times I wonder if the winch will ever be needed unless that is just to roll it back on tires it is hard to act my age
    Last edited by Jstraus34; 05-18-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Member #
    Will that not effect the gear ratio in the final drive / tranny...effecting high end sand low end..?

Junior Member wric913678@gmail.com's Avatar
    Member #
    I have a 2017 6 seater with a 2” lift and 30” rockabillies on it and it is a beast. Almost managed to roll it this past weekend but she held up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sponsored Links