Yamaha Viking Forum banner

2015 Viking Sound Damper Kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73K views 69 replies 33 participants last post by  redneck 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is a duplicate. According to my dealer this sound kit will be available in September. Yamaha is having the dealers install the kit on all new 2015 Vikings. The kit also will work on the 2014. Retails for about $75, and dealer cost is about $50. My dealer went to a recent show, and saw the kit in action. According to him him it really works. I have ordered one from him.

#3 ·
Dang, thanks Yamaha, i paid $234 for mine!!

LOL, thats cause i bought a bunch of soundproofing materials awhile back to do mine, i still may get the Yamaha kit, see how it works for that price. Im happy with how mine turned out.

#5 ·
Looking forward to getting mine!

#11 ·
A little birdie posted "elsewhere" that the part # on the box was Yamaha #2PG-F83R0-V0

#13 ·
The sound damping kit does make a good difference. I paid $200 for the install. They gave me kit free. The dept manager wasn't there today. I will call him tomarrow about the kit part number. I know it wasn't even in inventory yet

#19 ·
Glad to hear it makes a difference. Thanks for the part numbers,got my local dealer on the hunt for me!

#21 ·
Try this part # 1XD-F83R0-S0-00, this is the part number I ordered the kit under from Ronnie .com

#23 ·
Just got my new sound kit put on this week ($115 Total Price). The kit does get rid of a lot of noise. Perviously added the ATV Silencer, and the Heavy Duty Yamaha Floor Mats and we now can talk inside the cab without problem. I figure about 80% of the noise is gone. Sounds more like ATV. However, who cares would not get rid of "Man Child" for anything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 ·
Well, other than the crap instructions, the kit is very nice and worth every penny! Instructions were poor, just look at the pic on the last page and it will all make sense. Yamaha should be giving these away to people because it should have been installed at the factory. Wife and I took a ride last night and were able to have a conversation while running through the woods. I'm still going to add some additional sound proofing, but I am VERY pleased!

Attachments

#27 ·
Why did you take the seats out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.