Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spray with my Viking. It has just over 4000 hours. Around 16,000 miles. Lately it has been acting up. I bought it brand new so I am the only one running it. Almost all my driving is at 4 mph. And where it is belt drive there is a lot of stop and go as I can't go much slower than 4mph. I will be going along once it's warmed up and it just dies. It starts right back up but you barely touch the throttle it dies. Changed the plug boot it was worn really bad. Cleaned and put dielectric grease on all the connections at the throttle body. Cleaned air cleaner. Cleaned battery posts. Have watched voltage when acting up it stays at 14v. If I can get it past idle it will run at higher rpm. Couple days ago it would run at 8 to 10 mph but as soon as I would let it slow below that it dies just like shutting off the switch. I thought I had it solved when I found how worn the plug boot was but today it's acting up worse than before. I got a new throttle body but didn't put it on after I found the plug boot was worn. Coil? I had a dirt bike had one go bad kinda acting the same. I don't know other than maybe the ignition switch act that way? Starts right back up every time after it dies but I have trouble getting it past idle without it dieing. Any ideas other than checking the whole wiring system for a short? Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts