Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the steering whell cover of with out damaging it. Ijust installed a super atv eps and did not get the steering wheel straight. I want to remove the steering wheel and turn it to get it corrected. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks davidmitchelljude and Roleticia for your replies, and your help.
Good info, having this issue myself. My wheel is just slightly right of center and i couldnt tell for sure how that center comes off. Didnt want to break it but i saw a new one is pretty cheap. Just did my super atv power steer kit and wasnt tearing things back apart for a steering wheel slightly off center!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Steering wheel removal

Good info, having this issue myself. My wheel is just slightly right of center and i couldnt tell for sure how that center comes off. Didnt want to break it but i saw a new one is pretty cheap. Just did my super atv power steer kit and wasnt tearing things back apart for a steering wheel slightly off center!
Got it done this morning . Center cover popped off pretty easy just pried carefully, two pins on top and one bottom. Pic of backside of cover.

Attachments

·
Enjoying my Viking
540 Posts
I lucked out when I installed my power steering. I realized my wheel was off before I put it all back together so I was able to straighten it out at the steering joint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys. the steering wheel cap came off very easy just like ya'll said it would. Used a strap rachet to put a bind on the steering wheel and hit it with a rubber hammer and it poped right off. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts