Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the answer on the Viking.org forum on the cutting out issue incase some one else has the same issue, I was told the computer will hold back until the diff lock is completely locked in.

And because the rear differential is a Posi, the tires they are struggling on the pavement when turning. like they are bent and very noisy. Good stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same exact problem (engine sputters in DIFF LOCK). Took it in a few months ago and they used the same excuse. Yesterday I had it out in the snow pulling my son out of a ditch. Put it in DIFF LOCK and all it would do is sputter. There is def a problem. Never does this in 2 or 4x4. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same exact problem (engine sputters in DIFF LOCK). Took it in a few months ago and they used the same excuse. Yesterday I had it out in the snow pulling my son out of a ditch. Put it in DIFF LOCK and all it would do is sputter. There is def a problem. Never does this in 2 or 4x4. Has anyone heard anything else about this?
If the red light is flashing it's going to miss. You will have to tap the throttle or try putting it in reverse. When red light is solid and not flashing you are good to go.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i thought the very same thing, the engine will sputter until the four wheel lock is fully engaged. any forward or rear motion is restricted by cpu governor.. to help with locking apply a little throttle in either direction until info center indicates full locked .. the same is true when disconnecting 4X4 locked position.. then all is good to go..

dealer is correct and if asked will advise you ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts