Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying a new Viking IV. Great deal on a new 2015 but hate to find out he 16 offers something I might wish I had. The most noticeable difference was an additional motor mount called a torque link on the 16. There are no 16 units in Anchorage and the dealer doesn't know when a shipment will be in. FYI the Yamaha Salesman at the Anchorage Spenard dealership is slimy I went to Wasilla just for customer service

With that in mind I am opting for a hardtop, folding windshield, Brush Guard, Rear Bumper 2 inch lift, and a winch. Anything else I should consider? Not going to upgrade the tires due to the expense. I'm going to keep the machine at our cabin remote AK. Should be the ticket

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a new Viking IV. Great deal on a new 2015 but hate to find out he 16 offers something I might wish I had. The most noticeable difference was an additional motor mount called a torque link on the 16. There are no 16 units in Anchorage and the dealer doesn't know when a shipment will be in. FYI the Yamaha Salesman at the Anchorage Spenard dealership is slimy I went to Wasilla just for customer service

With that in mind I am opting for a hardtop, folding windshield, Brush Guard, Rear Bumper 2 inch lift, and a winch. Anything else I should consider? Not going to upgrade the tires due to the expense. I'm going to keep the machine at our cabin remote AK. Should be the ticket

Thanks for the input
I have a 16 and think the improvements are worth getting if you can. They beefed up the frame and cargo box a bit also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are considering a few of the accessories you mentioned, you might look at the Viking VI Ranch. I was looking at a base model and adding several items and the Ranch came with many of the items I was going to order. I got mine in January out the door for 17,000.00. This included a center console, windshield, soft back window, side view mirrors, the door closure kit (which I've since returned), horn kit, headlight and tailight brush guards. I got a 600+ credit returning the door kit so net 16400.00 out the door. My dealer gave me 30% off all accessories I ordered at the time of the sale. I tried to get them to credit me for the Ranch soft top which comes with but they couldn't. I just figured if I wear it out or tear it up I'll buy the hard top then. I was looking at a base model with: Overfenders, mudflaps, rear bumper (AKA grab bar) front bumper, bed mat, and the accessories I already mentioned. These are all standard on the Ranch Edition plus the torque link, frame enhancements, rear view mirror. I'm happy...so far! Been putting my toys on it methodically. Just bought a nifty "sporting clays" gun rack for the back end from Cabelas made by "Great Day". Awesome, I'll have some pics up one of these days...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts