Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some reading it appears my unit doesn't have the Yamaha sound deadening kit that was standard on the 2015s. While mine is a 2015 model year and showed a build date in October 2014, the dealer had only just received it from Yamaha on 6/17. So I'm guessing it was sitting around Yamaha's facility for a while. It didn't even have one mile logged on it before the dealer took me out on a familiarization ride with it the other day. Hadn't noticed it missing until I heard about this kit and knew what it was supposed to be.

So has anybody seen other 2015s without the kit?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2015 also came without it. There is another thread on here where it was discussed that turned me on to it also. I called my dealer and they ordered it free of charge. They offered to install it but I did it myself with no problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go figure Bull and I bought ours from the same dealer, ordered them around the same time, mine had it his didn't. Not hard to put on, shouldn't have to though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this Viking was something of an anomaly. He got a few camo non-EPS in when he never orders non-EPS. Story goes he had already accepted them and was assembling when they noticed they didn't have the EPS. He set me up with a good deal though with a pending EPS install so I'm willing to forgo the EPS for a while to save some coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts