Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed something that would hold up to hard pack and rock out here in Sin City. The local dealer keeps pushing the Big Horns, but I read a lot of good things about these tires. No rub at full lock and they're very quiet and smooth for such a knobby tire. I got 5 years out of my ITP Terracross tires between my Grizzly 700 and the Viking. The coronados are 8 ply and I'm running roughly 10 psi in each. My dealer had never seen these, so they gave me an awesome deal and just want my review on them after a while. First thing I noticed is the ride isn't as squishy and it feels like I've got more control. Going to head to the desert one day this week and give them a good run. I had 4 plugs in the Terracross tires and had to run slime. I don't think that will be the case with these.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yesterday we went out and rode about 20 miles of various desert terrain. There were two of us, a full cooler, gun cases, and some survival gear. The difference is dramatic with these tires. Not once did we lock it into 4x4 yesterday. Usually we would need 4x4 to climb some hard pack hill faces and get through deep sand. The tires didn't even slip while going up a steep hardpack face and they floated very well in the sand, with a good amount of throttle. I highly recommend these for a desert terrain tire. Going to go out some more as time permits. Also going to add a 2" lift to the rear, the springs on these machines sag too much IMO.

I'll try to get some action shots, but it's hard when you're having too much fun. Might be a good time to buy a Go-Pro.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Yesterday we went out and rode about 20 miles of various desert terrain. There were two of us, a full cooler, gun cases, and some survival gear. The difference is dramatic with these tires. Not once did we lock it into 4x4 yesterday. Usually we would need 4x4 to climb some hard pack hill faces and get through deep sand. The tires didn't even slip while going up a steep hardpack face and they floated very well in the sand, with a good amount of throttle. I highly recommend these for a desert terrain tire. Going to go out some more as time permits. Also going to add a 2" lift to the rear, the springs on these machines sag too much IMO.

I'll try to get some action shots, but it's hard when you're having too much fun. Might be a good time to buy a Go-Pro.
Rather than spending $150 on a 2" lift kit and then only installing half of it, you're better off spending $25 and installing those spacers. Then, if you want more you can purchase one of the 2" to 3" inch lifts so you can go 3" in the rear and 2" in the front.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rather than spending $150 on a 2" lift kit and then only installing half of it, you're better off spending $25 and installing those spacers. Then, if you want more you can purchase one of the 2" to 3" inch lifts so you can go 3" in the rear and 2" in the front.
That's the plan, start with 2" spacers in the rear. Anxious what you find out about the V6 springs/shock for the rear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts