Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you guys having any problems with axles post up some pics of these beasts! viking looks great with 30s

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

30" Outback Max with 2" lift. I get some popping sound in the front end when in 4x4 sometimes. Besides that it is functioning fine. I will say that you loose some top end speed, and a lot of "spunk".

Reactions: Jdawg and pa.hunter

·
Banned
147 Posts
View attachment 1776

30" Outback Max with 2" lift. I get some popping sound in the front end when in 4x4 sometimes. Besides that it is functioning fine. I will say that you loose some top end speed, and a lot of "spunk".
I have the jbs Viking extreme clutch kit plus slugged wet clutch-I highly recommend!! Once you get it you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier!! James is great to work with! Also get his front and rear arm guards

·
Banned
171 Posts

30" Blackwaters (29" 35lbs) 2" SuperATV lift. JBS Extreme wet slugged 18gm weights. No rubbing or binding fully sick. Will be adding 1" spacer in the rear to level it up with the front. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

30" Blackwaters (29" 35lbs) 2" SuperATV lift. JBS Extreme wet slugged 18gm weights. No rubbing or binding fully sick. Will be adding 1" spacer in the rear to level it up with the front. Cheers

fully sick. is right !

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love the rear seat setup, post some pics of that. I may have to steal that idea! LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Your machine looks awesome

·
Registered
5 Posts
SO are most running the 2" Super lift shock brackets? I was told that 30's wont clear on a Viking VI with the 2" super lift. Is any one running the 2" super lift with the 2" coils spacers together? If so any axle issues? What is the benefit of the JBS clutch over the full EPI kit. Also we ride central PA strip mine land that is some rock climbing, some deep mud and silt, and hard pack ( almost any terrain) what is the best all around tire that comes in a 30". Sorry for all the questions I am new to the Viking world and the trail ridding, I am coming out of a Polaris 1000 4 seater and this is completely different from what I know. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
81 Posts
2" highlighter. What I see every tire pretty much clears accept terms. I have 29.5 terms. Some rubbing fully turned but doesn't bother me any. Could take that one piece plastic out like others have done. Besides that more than enough clearance. Jbs sheave a must. I don't say that because I know them I say that because I'm satisfied with mine. ordered the epi and it was basically mods to the wet clutch new springs and some sheave rollers. Oh and secondary spring. I sent it back. Jbs machines a sheave and also a secondary spring option. Also slug the wet clutch. Call or email and they will fix you up with what u need based on ^^^^. Tire choice I'd say read some reviews. I'll always have terms. But that's just me. Other guys like 100's of other tires

·
Registered
2 Posts
are you guys having any problems with axles post up some pics of these beasts! viking looks great with 30s
30 in Outbacks 3in. Strong made lift no issues. Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

30x10x14 outback max with 3" strong made lift. No axle problems.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've heard the only time people have axles break are when they are in diff lock and going in reverse in some bad mud. So I typically don't even use diff lock to avoid breaking an axle

Reactions: Ironhide.au
1 - 20 of 21 Posts