Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got my 50" light bar mounted on my viking. It's not wired up yet and that's next on my to do list. The light bar is a cheap china made one from Amazon. At the time I ordered it the price was $56 and it looks like the price has gone up to $64. Oh, and the light IS NOT 52" as they claim. I measured from one end of the glass to the other and it's dead on at 50". The whole assembly is only 51" from end to end. I don't have high expectations for this light. If it makes it through deer and duck season I'll be happy for the price I paid.

Amazon.com: 52" 300W LED Driving Light Bar 4WD Off Road Truck DC10-30V: Automotive

I used the Rugged Ridge X-Clamp from O'Reilly's. Part number 11031.01
Rugged Ridge 11031.01 - Bumper Light Mounting Bracket | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I did have to cut a piece of metal so that I could use the mounting brackets that came with the light. I got lucky that there was a little gap next to the bracket that allowed me to just cut a flat piece of metal and drill two holes in them. Hopefully you can see that in the pics. I hit the pieces of metal with some black spray bed liner so they weren't just bare metal. I also put some foam on the back of the plate to hopefully keep it from squeaking as I bounce down the trails.

I had to mount it a little forward and high to make sure I could still get my windshield opened and closed. The brackets look crooked because I need to tweak them slightly upward to get the light mounted high enough to clear the windshield.

Reactions: kasja55

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looking good! I may have to order one of those.
what brand of windshield are you running?

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL! Length of string! I'm using two cans and string!!! LOL!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the Dot Weld windshield, the fit was great. I'm looking to put up a 50" light bar also but want to keep the upper windshield portion, it appears that the light brackets will be a major factor in how that works out. The X-Clamps look a little large for making this work so I'm thinking of using these, but the $110 price tag has me reconsidering:

http://50caliberracing.com/3410-large_default/yamaha-viking-light-bar-brackets.jpg

Has anyone been able to keep the upper windshield while also mounting a 50" light bar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts