Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a rocker panel with 6 switches, my 2 main ones (radio and Interior Lights) i will run off the lighter 12 volt socket with a wire lead, would anyone or has anyone ran all switches together same power supply maybe using a relay and inline fuse? I am currently using them all hooked up to key on which I believe is pulling to much power from my starter which makes it harder to crank over, also I am having problems with battery draining believing it is coming from the back up power to the radio.

switch panel and radio.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have switches and panel back lights off the same wire u used. But all switches operate a relay that controls the device. That plug you speak of is on a 10 amp circuit if I'm not mistaken

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't have any pictures of it yet but I do have a blue sea fuse block wired straight to the battery to run accessories, I have a 30 amp relay that I need to install inline but I'm waiting on a plug to connect to switched power. I like your switches, where did you get them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some of the switches I received from ebay and the others I received from amazon not sure from which, The radio and interior lights switch are both 5 pin and all the other are only 3 pin. I wanted them all to be green so mostly searched green back-lit rocker switches and 1000 pulled up, saved all the ones I liked then picked and choose between those. I will be re wiring most of them with the relay and inline fuses to the cigarette lighter wire lead and then the others not mostly used (usb, horn and this switch turns something on rocker) off the helmet warning light.

roof and windshield added this weekend now time for a wash
0124161317.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I found it in eBay , the guy makes all different colors , I tried to take the sticker off the back to make it backlit but it was tearing so I left it be. I did re wire all switches today but am still having trouble with battery drain , not sure what is going on it drops below 11 volt and won't start , hook it up to charger fires right up. Never ends with these things, need to figure it out soon as I will be installing a turn signal and horn kit this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I now have all switches going thru the 12 volt separate inline switch on with inline fuses, i need to unhook marine radio from the battery itself which i believe what is the problem, I may lose settings but that is not as important to me as not being stuck in the woods with no power. Hooking the switches up through existing wire harnesses was such a breeze I wish I did that to start but that gave me an opportunity to re wire alot cleaner look and set myself up for my install of turn signals horn and back up lights.

·
Banned
177 Posts
ty, did you design you backplate? the one with the viking on it?
I actually worked with "Concours Specialties" and we designed the switch panel and bolster panels...both of which are back lit in any color you want. He also sells the panels with just the logo on them (but not back lit) on eBay. FYI: he does gauge panels as well, as seen in post #5 in the below thread.
Here is the link to the build ...
http://www.vikingforum.net/forum/6-...5-custom-switch-gauge-panels-your-viking.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wish I would have gotten that backlit one its sweet
Sweet it is.. Mine should be here tomorrow. I also ordered his fuse/relay box to avoid some of the mistakes others have highlighted. I will have one "master" switch which will in turn power the switch panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...i am a new user here. In my case i have a 30 amp relay that I need to install inline but I'm waiting on a plug to connect to switched power. I like your switches, where did you get them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a rocker panel with 6 switches, my 2 main ones (radio and Interior Lights) i will run off the lighter 12 volt socket with a wire lead, would anyone or has anyone ran all switches together same power supply maybe using a relay and inline fuse? I am currently using Gynectrol all hooked up to key on which I believe is pulling to much power from my starter which makes it harder to crank over, also I am having problems with battery draining believing it is coming from the back up power to the radio.

View attachment 2785
This looks so cool. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where is everyone buying these custom rocker panels?? I want one badly. Thanks
I installed a rocker panel with 6 switches, my 2 main ones (radio and Interior Lights) i will run off the lighter 12 volt socket with a wire lead, would anyone or has anyone ran all switches together same power supply maybe using a relay and inline fuse? I am currently using them all hooked up to key on which I believe is pulling to much power from my starter which makes it harder to crank over, also I am having problems with battery draining believing it is coming from the back up power to the radio.

View attachment 2785

1 - 14 of 14 Posts