Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Yamaha Viking EPS Camo this past week. I will take possession on Sept 5th as it is 4 hrs away. Accessories purchased: Yamaha Fold Down Windshield, Rear Window, Bed Mat, Overfenders, Warn 3500 lb winch and snow plow system. Anything else I should be considering?

Also, what size of trailer do you all find is best? I currently have a 6x12 utility trailer reserved, but not completely sold on that yet.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Salzy

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Make sure your Viking has the sound deadening kit. It's a wall behind the seats that separates the cab and bed. It's about $75 and worth every penny! If your Viking is a '15, it probably does, but it doesn't hurt to double check. I can't help you with trailers, to me bigger is better because you always end up hauling more than you anticipated. I use an 18' car hauler for mine.

Cheers!
Rob

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome aboard, I've heard the Camo ones are easily lost in the woods due to the Camo. LOL!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use a 6x12 trailer and it fits the SxS plus my grill, but nothing else. Dont forget about a sound system, i havent bought anything crazy yet but I have a Bluetooth speaker that works pretty good (when idling, these machines are loud as previously mentioned). Definately invest in a sound dampening kit, depending om your usage a waterproof storage device of some sort would be good. I have the yamaha center console, its okay but not as good as I tjough it would be. Good luck and have fun with your new toy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Make sure your Viking has the sound deadening kit. It's a wall behind the seats that separates the cab and bed. It's about $75 and worth every penny! If your Viking is a '15, it probably does, but it doesn't hurt to double check. I can't help you with trailers, to me bigger is better because you always end up hauling more than you anticipated. I use an 18' car hauler for mine.

Cheers!
Rob
Thanks for the tips. I'm looking into the sound dampening kit. It sounds like that's probably a good idea. I was just going to wait and see but it sounds like something I'm going to want. Thanks again!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I along with those who know me, consider myself somewhat of a trailer expert. I have been married 13 years and I am approaching 18 trailers, currently owning 2 now, just because I sold one last week! I like to CL the run down ones, but repairable, and use them and eventually flip them when I want another project or my needs change.

I have a 6x14 and I hope that works for toting my viking around with the snow blade from lot to lot. I hope I don't regret giving up my 16ft last year.

By the way, no rail 14ft will haul a viking on the back and an atv across the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts