Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I'm sure someone has already answered this question. I was wondering if there is a video or good instructions for adjusting the hand brake for a guy who is somewhat mechanically challenged. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
This video goes over it pretty well. The parking brake for most Yamaha UTVs is the same type so this XYZ video is applicable to the Viking.

[video=youtube_share;JDeHwE2RuZw]https://youtu.be/JDeHwE2RuZw[/video]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Overkill, the video was quite helpful. The mechanic said to do this after you've made the hand brake adjustment. Is there something that needs to be done there first. Also after loosening the keeper nut the mechanic turned the adjustment clockwise just a little bit, but in the last bit of the video he ended up turning the adjustment with a wrench counterclockwise quite of bit. I'm not sure I understand that part of it. I must be thick headed.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
You don't have to go through the same exact routine as in the video. The most important part is how to loosen the screw and nut that adjusts the piston. The hand brake should be fully released when you adjust the piston so you have full leverage when you engage it. If you forget and have the hand brake say halfway or all the way engaged, you won't have any leverage when pulling on it after adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts