Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's lots of talk about lifts and axle angles. So id like to post my finds and take on it. First I made a lift for just rear to help compensate for sag in rear which help bring to what Yamaha claimed as factory height which was 12 then I made lift for front which made the lift higher in the front than the rear so I had to redesign the rear again so decided to go 3.5 inch rear. it worked but had axle bind at full droop. at 3.5 inch lift axle angle was 32 degrees and that was just starting to bind . so I made a lift to match front lift at 3 inch overall lift which at full droop the axle angle was at 28 degrees no where near bind state but had the sag look back . my fix was to preload the rear springs I used a 1/2 inch spacer and was perfect for my liking. Please if anyone has any input lets us know. i am still playing and changing things to perfect. just because one person does something doesn't mean it always right or wrong everything has room for improvement. Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Tread Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts