Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we were working at the farm today and my 15 y/o daughter was out riding. She came back with that look on her face that said "you're going to be mad dad". Come to find out she was doing everything I taught her, and while adjusting the passenger side mirror so she could see better, she had her hand wrapped around the mirror, and her thumb in the center of the mirror. The end result was a thumb full of glass for her (or whatever they are made from) and a broken mirror. She swears she didn't push that hard. Just thought I would let everyone who might have them know about this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Any response from the company? I've got the same mirrors and while I've introduced them to mesquite trees and greasewoods they haven't had any problems.
I did hear a story from a guy who saw a fireman break out a side window of a car by rapidly tapping it in the center and working towards the corner. By the time he got to the corner it shattered and sheeted down.

Sent from under a mesquite tree while sipping on cholla juice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will contact them this coming week. I probably wouldn't have worried much about it but my daughter is a pretty straight shooter when it comes to stuff like this. If she says she was trying to adjust the mirror, I believe her. After seeing the space behind them, it's not really a big surprise. It's also why they can absorb impacts as its that space that lets them flex. Some expandable foam would help to keep people from putting their thumb through it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts