Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions on best place to mount the plug in port for the winch remote. Debating on if I should mount it on the dash by the light dial, or in the glovebox. Really looking for the most practical application.

I don't imagine using it all the time, but again just looking for some feedback on what would be best spot.

Thanks as always for the help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Put mine in the glove box. Reason....when I'm on the go and I get done its usually muddy so I just shove it back up in there and clean it up later when I'm done riding. Don't have to keep up with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
I put mine in the glove box because I'm gonna be getting the controller out of there anyway

·
Banned
170 Posts
I mounted mine on the drivers side down under the dash. So it's easy to get too and it's right there I am and I am not losing any extra cord going across the buggy.
I mounted mine close to this location. Near the left bottom side of the steering wheel. Thought was if I winch external of the cab, may as well be close enough to the steering wheel if I had to reposition front wheels while winching.
Here's a pic.
Cheers

·
Registered
161 Posts
Another advantage to the glove box is that you can leave it plugged in and won't have to find the plug and the right way to plug it in. Especially when it's dark and you can't see

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is also on the drivers side and under the dash. Easy to get to and still out of the way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put mine on the small flat panel low and to the right of the steering wheel.... below the switch panel (where the big warning label used to be).
My warn winch came with a ton of cable.. more than enough to reach the front of the machine. I keep the controller/cable in the storage box under the drivers seat.

·
Banned
170 Posts
I put mine on the small flat panel low and to the right of the steering wheel.... below the switch panel (where the big warning label used to be).
My warn winch came with a ton of cable.. more than enough to reach the front of the machine. I keep the controller/cable in the storage box under the drivers seat.
What happens to your storage box under the seat if your bogged in muddy water above the seat. Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
What happens to your storage box under the seat if your bogged in muddy water above the seat. Cheers

LOL! I try not to use my Viking as a submarine... In all the years I've been riding ATV's, the deepest water I've been in is this trip.. trying to find a way around a washed out bridge..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here's where I put mine;

·
Registered
55 Posts
Reactions: Robleticia

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Looking for some opinions on best place to mount the plug in port for the winch remote. Debating on if I should mount it on the dash by the light dial, or in the glovebox. Really looking for the most practical application.

I don't imagine using it all the time, but again just looking for some feedback on what would be best spot.

Thanks as always for the help!
It's been a month now, what did you decide?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.