Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and love reading all the posts. I am loving my 16 Viking camo EPS. My question however is I have a long driveway and will be installing a winch and plow to tackle the winter. I am currently searching for the perfect set up and would love to see and or hear about your set up.

·
Banned
147 Posts
I have ran several plows on trucks/Atv's and the plow from motoralliance is a really good bang for the buck! I believe that the standard blade has the same backing but just on the pro plow you get the swooped blade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a awesome looking plow! Anyone share how they mount/set up the winch controls for the easiest use? I was thinking of placing the small handlebar control on the left side of steering wheel. Any other ideas? I just don't like the idea of having the wired remote with 10 feet of cord.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How easy is it to remove the plow?

Also, with the plow off, does it leave any mount parts on the machine? I don't want to lessen my ground clearance with a bunch of stuff underneath... heck, I'll end up bending it jumpin over logs anyway..

·
Banned
147 Posts
Very easy to remove the plow, two pins and unhook the winch cable. As for the mount it sucks for riding. I do not leave it on for riding but it is held on with four bolts and is easily removed within 5 minutes and same with the install!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Go with the Yamaha/Warn plow and mount, zero loss of clearance, and just 2 pins for mounting or dismount

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string
I agree I like the set up on my warn plow, It was a pain in the ass to install the winch and the mount at the same time (tight spot) but the mount sits up high and would never get hung up or damaged. Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire
Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
231 Posts
[video=vimeo;139822571]https://vimeo.com/139822571[/video]

This video shows how the plow goes up and down and it's so easy my three year old at the time can do it! He's four now.
I'm glad I don't have to deal with snow. I'd never leave the house!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.