Premium Member
571 Posts
Looks awesome!!

Reactions: Jond09

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Put over ten hours in 3 days. Still rubs some during suspension travel an turning. Might do a 2" lift. No clutch stuff yet. Most of the time in low. 30x10/14 all around. Did shims an secondary spring in my grizzly but trying to see how it runs first stock with tires. Shift out seems fine. Don't really want higher stall on the wet clutch. Wish it was easier to just gear these things down like my 4runner.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice rig. Like the black.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big blue I just put on my 2" lift. Have you had any issues since lift? An any issues without clutch kit? Trying to leave the clutch alone if i can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Big blue I just put on my 2" lift. Have you had any issues since lift? An any issues without clutch kit? Trying to leave the clutch alone if i can.
Just installed the lift a couple days ago but no issues so far at all actually might ride a little bit smoother than stock. Been running the 30"'s since the first week I had it no problems except for rubbing on the bolts that hold up the inner fender shields. Removed the stock bolts from the inside out and put some button head bolts through from the outside in with a fender washer. Problem solved! With the lift now tho my lowest point still has a little over 15-1/2" of ground clearance! Almost 600kms on it now

Reactions: hogwild

·
Registered
37 Posts
PS that looks like one badass runner! I had an 85 SR5 xtra cab pickup with a custom Stepside bed on 35" tsl SX for 12 years. I loved that truck! image.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I took that inner shield off completely. It was hitting it bad before lift and might hit alittle now but I haven't checked. Also once I saw behind it I figured its pointless an will just trap mud. Much easier to rinse it out without it. An nice yota too. Yamaha should team up with toyota an they could make the ultimate sxs. I love my 4runner. I'll try an post a pic.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i would put the shield back on. its there for added protection. the plastic is pretty thin up there and a decent sized stick can break through it and impale you. saw it happen to a guy on a rhino while we were trail riding. almost tore his leg off and he was pinned inside the cab. im guessing its happened more than once if yamaha put it on the viking. idk how well the plastic guard will work but better than not having anything i guess. the guys with rhinos have now put aluminum aftermarket ones on all of their buggys since then. small investment to save your legs, or possibly the family jewels :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I saw a few holes in the floor boards on rhinos when I worked for Yamaha. Just extra protection from the factory on the viking. That's why I used bolts just like the ones from the fender flares and put them through the plates from the tire side and used a fender washer and nyloc nut on the inside. Worked like a charm! But with the lift I haven't touched the fenders since. Maybe bigger tires now! 32's"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah if we could get Toyota and Yamaha together....a solid axle SXS on coilovers!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I might try putting those guards back on now with the lift but will see. They seemed pretty thin anyway. I guess I could always put the heat gun on them if they still rub some an reform them a little.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I haven't been able to touch mine since I put the lift in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm envious... very nice Viking, man. I have to pay mine off before I can justify those upgrades :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is one of the best looking SxS's I have ever seen. Bar none. Amazing what a few well thought out mods can do to a vikings looks. Well played...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts