Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice on my viking that my brake lights only light when the pedal is pushed hard. I mean under normal braking they don't light. What do I need to replace to correct this? Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the contact switch has threads on it , loosen the the lock nut, adjust the nuts so that the switch is (closer)towards brake pedal (increases sensitivity) .. hope this helps DO you have the SERVICE MANUAL?
i may not be able to upload here : files too large
I gotcha. I haven't went out and looked yet, but if I get to close will the switch get damaged when the brake pedal is pressed hard? Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I gotcha. I haven't went out and looked yet, but if I get to close will the switch get damaged when the brake pedal is pressed hard? Thanks.
If it's designed right, moving the switch closer to the pedal will only allow it to come on sooner. When you push the pedal you are not pushing the switch, you're letting it out which turns on the light. So, for proper activation, the switch should be positioned in such a way that any depression of the pedal whatsoever turns on the brake light. VERY critical trail riding ahead of an idiot!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's designed right, moving the switch closer to the pedal will only allow it to come on sooner. When you push the pedal you are not pushing the switch, you're letting it out which turns on the light. So, for proper activation, the switch should be positioned in such a way that any depression of the pedal whatsoever turns on the brake light. VERY critical trail riding ahead of an idiot!
I see how it works now. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts