Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace the brake pads on a 2014 Viking yet? They are difficult for me to get and different shops are giving different info on part numbers. Some are saying they are sold as left and right side and others are saying front and rear. I am also getting pricing from $35 to $55 for each tire. Was curious if anyone found any other to match up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$35 left and right. The rear brakes are same as rhino and the front are bigger an different then rhino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
When you get everything figured out give us an update please, mine are due soon. Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Speaking of brakes, I dropped my Viking off at the shop for its first service this morning. I asked the guy about the brake squeal. He said it was normal and that Yamaha said that due to the material and the humidity it would squeal. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Banned
171 Posts
Seems stock pads on all types of machines have a bit of squeal or short life etc. Coming from a CanAm outlander max have changed out dozens of brake pads all different brands and compositions (organic/Kevlar/severe duty/sintered). EBC for the win. Cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Seems stock pads on all types of machines have a bit of squeal or short life etc. Coming from a CanAm outlander max have changed out dozens of brake pads all different brands and compositions (organic/Kevlar/severe duty/sintered). EBC for the win. Cheers

Thanks Ironhide, Did you buy them online or at your local dealer?
Cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Ironhide, I'll have to buy you a Beer or 12 if I ever get down under!

Cheers!

·
Banned
171 Posts
Rum n tequila for me, and the 🇦🇺 welcome mat is always on tap, if you fellas happen to find yourselves at the Top End of DownUnder Crocodile County, I'll throw another shrimp on da baarrbie for ya brus. Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rear brakes are the same as the Rhino. Once I took apart the front brakes I realized that there was still some lining on them. I will update when I get the front ones figured out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts