Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new machine and since I had taken delivery of it, it seems as if it is running rough at idle. Whole interior dash seems to shake ect until you give it a little gas and go. I have 4.3 hours total on the machine and a little over 14 miles. I am breaking it in to the book so no extended anything speed or full throttle has been applied yet and I am using premium fuel from a quality station ( I hope it's good fuel)

Anyone have anything similar happen with their new 2015 and did it get better ?

Thank you

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dash shake is normal and will go away with time, rough idle you might need to get checked out, loose spark plug wire maybe?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string

·
Registered
260 Posts
Like kasja said, dash shake and vibration is normal and will get better in time. Maybe try regular unleaded gas. Im pretty sure the owners manuel says not to run anything higher than 87 octane (regular unleaded)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Like kasja said, dash shake and vibration is normal and will get better in time. Maybe try regular unleaded gas. Im pretty sure the owners manuel says not to run anything higher than 87 octane (regular unleaded)
That's right I'd forgotten about that, I've been running 85 octane no problem

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a brand new machine and since I had taken delivery of it, it seems as if it is running rough at idle. Whole interior dash seems to shake ect until you give it a little gas and go. I have 4.3 hours total on the machine and a little over 14 miles. I am breaking it in to the book so no extended anything speed or full throttle has been applied yet and I am using premium fuel from a quality station ( I hope it's good fuel)

Anyone have anything similar happen with their new 2015 and did it get better ?

Thank you
Dash shake is normal and will go away with time:icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce::icon_bounce: 300 miles and mine is not noticeable anymore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was flipping through my manual since higher octanes are a regular deal here in the desert where summer temps easily hit 110+ with single digit humidity and preignition is a common occurrence. The manual states that if you get pinging to raise the octane level up to 91 (R+M/2) rated. Given the Viking's specs of a 10:1 compression ratio and my climate, I opted for 89 octane as the temps cool off to about 90 or so at night (and still with single digit humidity) when I was riding. No pinging.

For the most power run the lowest octane you can without pinging. Pinging is bad. Running a higher octane will produce less power (although probably not noticeable in these size engines) but won't hurt anything other than your wallet for the extra coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Viking does idle like a race car to start with. However over time it gets better( like the other guys say). I use sea foam as an additive,on occassion, with regular gas. Helps elimanates any water from bad gas.

·
Banned
171 Posts
We use BP 98 ultimate in all our machines. Probably overkill but when you pull up to the gas station and it has 91/95/98 we just go for the best. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts