Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I managed to break and totally destroy the hard sun top on a new 2018 Viking EPS and I need to replace it. I have found new ones on the Inet, but none of the sellers say if the new top comes with mounting hardware. Does anyone know if the mounting hardware is included with the top or if I need to order the hardware separate?
Second question: I am looking at the "under seat storage box" that goes under the driver's seat-----how big of a pita is it to install? I installed one of these on a '16 Wolverine and it was a BEAR(!) to install----how big a job is it to install on the Viking?
Thanks for any replies!
J.R.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
When I bought my OEM sun top from Yamaha, it included all the hardware to install. I'd imagine the storage box would be easy to install but have don't have one. The quarter panel comes off pretty easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I bought my OEM sun top from Yamaha, it included all the hardware to install. I'd imagine the storage box would be easy to install but have don't have one. The quarter panel comes off pretty easily.
Thanks! I have had a hard time trying to find out if the mounting hardware is included with the top.
I will need to somehow access the installation instructions for the storage box----it was a real BEAR to install it on the Wolverine, hopefully it is much easier on the Viking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one on order and I found the install instructions.
Thanks! And Happy New Year.
Got new Rip Saws installed also low windshield, front brush guard with headlight protectors and rear "bumper". Waiting for the new top along with the under-seat bottle and the center seat console storage box.
Going to fabricate a cross-bed rifle/shovel mount as soon as I get an appropriate piece of alum. angle.
I also used the threaded holes along the bed rails to mount stainless steel angle as a "beef up" for the bed rails and this mod turned out really nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts