Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I can't say I have had any trouble with my fan running a lot. Do you ride in a lot of mud or real dusty areas? If you do then I would make sure I washed the heck out of my radiator. I ride in muddy and dusty areas all the time and when I wash my radiator off I spray water back through it from the fan side. I hope this helps and i hope you find out what's wrong

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really dusty and no mud but the fan seems to run a lot. It seems like the fan did the same in my Teryx 4 as well but I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Well, I'm at a loss then. I hope you figure it out.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Not real sure but maybe your viking is running lean. There was a tread on here with a bunch of people who were having trouble with there's running lean. Just an idea

·
Registered
21 Posts
ive been also told that it depends on what weight of oil you're using will affect the temperature as well. On my grizzly I went from 5w40 to 20w50 and it seemed to me the fan was on less. just finished break in and put 20w50 in it(Viking). with only 2.2L of oil I figure it would hurt. just need to let it warm up slightly before moving it. not the greatest weather in Canada. not used in the winter

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
That would make since. In fact I would have to check the book but in think they do list different weight oils for different riding temps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Punch out the catalytic converter. Your engine will run way cooler and the fan won't be running as much. If you have a heater installed it will take a little while longer to get heat. The engine will take longer to get up to the 180 degree mark. Compared to my rzr s the fan did run more on the viking before I gutted the cat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts