Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting close to purchasing a 15 EPS SE.

I've got a couple questions for you owners out there though..

What is honestly the top speed for this machine? What speed will it run at easily?

How does the acceleration feel? Keep in mind, I've owned a Brute Force 750i for the last few years. Can you steer it with the throttle on a curvy gravel road?

lastly, I really don't want to lift it. I don't think the higher center of gravity would be good for how I tend to ride.. will a 28" tire fit well without a lift?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine does 50 easily. Not fast but on dirt it's fast. Steers just fine on anything I've been on. You can go with 27 inch tires on stock wheels and no lift needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does 50 easily. Not fast but on dirt it's fast. Steers just fine on anything I've been on. You can go with 27 inch tires on stock wheels and no lift needed.
Ok, so 27's fit ok without any lift.. that's good. is it common to put wheel spacers on these to increase the track width a bit?

·
Enjoying my Viking
540 Posts
No need to if you don't lift it. And even with a lift you can off set the rims when you buy them

Sent from The Green Machine

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run 28 on stock rims. ITP mayhem. With big tires 50 is moving with them but I cruise 40 with ease. Run low 90% of time.

·
Enjoying my Viking
540 Posts
totally flat surface it's hit 54 a couple of times, but it'll run 53 all day. But that's with 30's and JBS

·
Banned
171 Posts
I ran 28" silverbacks with no lift. But 30", JBS, 2" lift gives a much better/less rpm cruising speed. Gets up to 88kph. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts