Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I'm riding, this particular mod gets quite a bit of attention...so I thought I would share some info.

I knew I was going to add some electric mods, and wanted a bank of switches...and a few gauges. I found this guy (Greg) online and contacted him about doing something. He has done switch and gauge panels for just about everything, but the Vikings had just come out and he didn't have anything available for them yet. After reading all of the reviews on what he does, I decided to move forward and have him make something. I made some cardboard templates of the flat areas on the dash, and also sent him one of the shoulder bolsters. I wanted the Viking logo incorporated and gave him some ideas, and then he refined things a bit...and we came up with a pretty neat product.

Before you look at the photos, it's important to note that you ARE NOT limited to this design. He now has the patterns for the warning label area (my switches are here), the odd shaped area to the left of the steering wheel ( my horn button is here), the open storage area under the warning label, the smooth flat areas top and bottom to the right of that (I have two gauges on top here), and the shoulder bolsters. I put my switches where the warning label was, but you can have a panel made that goes over the storage area so there is less cutting. You can order a panel with just switches and no logo, you can order a panel with just one/two/three switches and the rest blanks for future switches, you can move the logo to one side, you can do switches and a gauges in the same panel. If you want back lighting like mine...you can get any color you want, or combine colors, Maybe you don't want the logo, but you do want it to say something-or another logo...maybe different type switches or knobs. I could go on...but you get the picture. I ordered mine so it was almost plug-n-play. You get templates for your cut-outs, a drill bit and mounting screws as well. It came completely wired with fuses and relays.
Make sure you go to his site and look at all the different things he can do! Switch Panels | Concours Specialties If you have any questions, give Greg a call...he does answer the phone.

As far as price goes, I got a GREAT deal because I sent him templates and stuff. However, my research showed that pretty much everyone was happy with what they got. And remember...you don't have to do everything.

BTW: The panels are waterproof and, if you want the back of the panels to be completely sealed, he can do that too.

Here are the photos...SORRY, they're not in order.
DSCN0349.jpg Viking panels.jpg DSCN0318.jpg DSCN0319.jpg DSCN0321.jpg DSCN0322.jpg DSCN0387.jpg DSCN0345.jpg DSCN0350.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whenever I'm riding, this particular mod gets quite a bit of attention...so I thought I would share some info.

I knew I was going to add some electric mods, and wanted a bank of switches...and a few gauges. I found this guy (Greg) online and contacted him about doing something. He has done switch and gauge panels for just about everything, but the Vikings had just come out and he didn't have anything available for them yet. After reading all of the reviews on what he does, I decided to move forward and have him make something. I made some cardboard templates of the flat areas on the dash, and also sent him one of the shoulder bolsters. I wanted the Viking logo incorporated and gave him some ideas, and then he refined things a bit...and we came up with a pretty neat product.

Before you look at the photos, it's important to note that you ARE NOT limited to this design. He now has the patterns for the warning label area (my switches are here), the odd shaped area to the left of the steering wheel ( my horn button is here), the open storage area under the warning label, the smooth flat areas top and bottom to the right of that (I have two gauges on top here), and the shoulder bolsters. I put my switches where the warning label was, but you can have a panel made that goes over the storage area so there is less cutting. You can order a panel with just switches and no logo, you can order a panel with just one/two/three switches and the rest blanks for future switches, you can move the logo to one side, you can do switches and a gauges in the same panel. If you want back lighting like mine...you can get any color you want, or combine colors, Maybe you don't want the logo, but you do want it to say something-or another logo...maybe different type switches or knobs. I could go on...but you get the picture. I ordered mine so it was almost plug-n-play. You get templates for your cut-outs, a drill bit and mounting screws as well. It came completely wired with fuses and relays.
Make sure you go to his site and look at all the different things he can do! Switch Panels | Concours Specialties If you have any questions, give Greg a call...he does answer the phone.

As far as price goes, I got a GREAT deal because I sent him templates and stuff. However, my research showed that pretty much everyone was happy with what they got. And remember...you don't have to do everything.

BTW: The panels are waterproof and, if you want the back of the panels to be completely sealed, he can do that too.

Here are the photos...SORRY, they're not in order.
View attachment 461 View attachment 462 View attachment 463 View attachment 464 View attachment 465 View attachment 466 View attachment 458 View attachment 459 View attachment 460
Thanks for the info I will be giving greg a call soon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Me as well. I want that same switch setup for mine.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have fixed that machine up rather nicely. I am envious!
What type gauges did you use?
Are they water proof?
Did they come with sending units?
sorry for all the questions! LOL
The gauges are 'TELTEK" and are actually made for semi trucks. However, if you call them and tell them what you are using them for, he will add a silicone seal to make them waterproof. They all came with sending units. They come in red or blue....and the guy you talk to is the onsite Owner/builder...they are made in house in Nevada

·
Registered
55 Posts
that is freakin cool..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, he is. Greg makes a great panel. It comes with a diagram that is easy to follow also. Hey... if I can install it and hook everything up right, it MUST be easy!

He is in the process of making me a custom panel for my '18 Pioneer 1000 LE right now.

BTW, the best place to get key'd power is the small harness that plugs into the back of the cig lighter. It's a Grizzly part if I remember, but it makes lighting up the panel and switches a breeze. Look around in M&T's thread on here, and on the other Viking forum & you'll find it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I finally got around to doing this and getting my lights all set up too. Thanks for all the links and help. Just waiting on my winch rocker switch to arrive to finish the install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Left to right they are: front light bar, side lights, rear lights, stereo power, accessory port power for usb chargers.

Working great so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts