Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2015 Viking EPS last month.

Is a windshield necessary?

I'm a big time hunter & was debating whether a windshield would help or hurt me.

Does anybody have pro's / cons of having a full, half, or fold down windshield?

Thanks

:icon_scratch:

·
Registered
256 Posts
yes.. u need one...im surprised after a month u havnt realized this... lol this is my opinion, as I put one on after about the first 2 rides..no wind in ur eyes..helps with dust n dirt from the guys in front of u 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the open feeling of no windshield (spotting animals) but I can see your point.

There are alot of options out there for windshields, from half, full, fold down, etc.

So far I like the fold down windshield but it is also the most expensive coming in around $500.

Thanks,

:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the 1/2 windshield option. A full windshield creates dust in the cab issues. Then to reduce the dust you will need to add a rear windshield. I suppose it depends on where you ride and what that environment is like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering about the half windshields.
I like the idea of cutting down on the wind but still having an unobstructed view out the top half. That would work great for hunting.

I wasn't aware that it works for dust control also.

THX

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I absolutely hated the idea of a windshield so I bought a 1/2. I wanted a clear view and didn't want to be cleaning it all the time. However, after riding in the rain and cold a couple of times it made perfect sense. I will still run my 1/2 during the hot Texas summer months, but so far I love the full windsield.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I absolutely hated the idea of a windshield so I bought a 1/2. I wanted a clear view and didn't want to be cleaning it all the time. However, after riding in the rain and cold a couple of times it made perfect sense. I will still run my 1/2 during the hot Texas summer months, but so far I love the full windsield.
Ditto.

I really like my short shield in the warmer months. Next fall I'll probably snag a full shield.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love the fold down windshield especially when riding in the rain or cold weather. Does create more dust in cab, but washes off, allows one to ride in more in climate weather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the fold down one. Winter time for hunting helps with rain and cold. Summer time you can fold it down or take it off.

·
Registered
161 Posts
More reasons to get a folding windshield. I know that I like it even in the summer when it gets dusty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More reasons to get a folding windshield. I know that I like it even in the summer when it gets dusty.
Thanks for the posts.

It sounds like the fold down is the way to go.

They are a bit pricey though, I'll probably get a half windshield in the short term and a fold down down the road.

Can you recommend good brands on the half and or the fold down?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the posts.

It sounds like the fold down is the way to go.

They are a bit pricey though, I'll probably get a half windshield in the short term and a fold down down the road.

Can you recommend good brands on the half and or the fold down?
Think mine is just the Yamaha flip down. No complaints so far.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have one but I wouldn't recommend it for the sole reason that it isn't scratch proof. Mine was only $200 so I got it but I would say just make sure that it is scratch proof. Maybe look at the super atv flip up windshield also

·
Registered
55 Posts
there is a guy that made front windshield from metal, SS, gas shocks and real glass! for way less price of one plastic @ 500 plus.. i talked to him and his price was 80.0 bucks for the tinted glass,rubber and about 90.00 for the metal and fabrication about 2-4 hours,, gas shock were 10.00 each . he used 2 pins hinges 4" ...it was pretty fancy and opens by itself, remains open at until closed..., he had also installed summit heater inside the cab...with windows defroster. said that hes was also building a cab enclosure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts