Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would love to listen to music on my viking and I was thinking that you could recomend me a sound system that is powerful enought to be heard over the engine. Also I wanted to know if there is a custom exhaust that will reduce the engine noise or atleast make it sound better.

·
Banned
177 Posts
I would love to listen to music on my viking and I was thinking that you could recomend me a sound system that is powerful enought to be heard over the engine. Also I wanted to know if there is a custom exhaust that will reduce the engine noise or atleast make it sound better.
Here ya go...the best bolt on silencer available for the Vikings at this time. NOTE: If you are going to be riding at higher altitudes, be sure to let them know when you order it. They will drill a very small hole in the last baffle to help with back pressure/air fuel in the thin air.

https://www.atvsilencer.com/yamaha.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you mean at higher altitude how tall do you mean. Because I live in a mountainous region but it is not very high.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Thanks so I need to order it with the modification. Do you own the silencer
I do not...I modified a Hush power Flowmaster, but did a TON of research on this very issue. Do a search and you will find my threads and videos on this subject. The Flowmasters many of us used were discontinued old stock, and I have not seen one for sale for a very long time. They are baffled silencers as opposed to this one which uses packing. When I was researching, I did speak with the Folks at Silent Rider/Benz and they were very forthcoming and helpful. One issue they were not able to avoid was that, if you have some of the after market rear bumpers, you may have to cut a notch in the drivers side bracket so you can get full travel of the dump bed. Again, I know of several owners that have used this one and have found little/no negative feedback.
On another note: The silencer is only part of the fix. If you are really looking for a dramatic reduction in noise, you should look at my video.[video=youtube;edgSH7qzR70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edgSH7qzR70[/video]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered an overhead console with 2 6 inch speaker mounts and bought some marine speakers for about 30 dollars and 2 mcm wake board speakers from amazon. Built me a mountain to to the rold cage and a radio. All in all I have about 100 dollars invested and I hear clearly with the factory exhaust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts