Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info on the eBay 2r exhaust tip for the stock exhaust. How many of you have it and did you do a air fuel tune for it ? If so what and if not how does it run ? Any issues

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got it. Looks great!

The Viking makes 78 dB at idle in stock form.

With the 2R tip, and no guts, it goes to 88 dB. Personally, that is louder than I want. I'm working on a baffle to mellow it out some. I made a baffle out of the OE guts, but due to the fact that it is almost as big as the hole it goes into, I can't put much packing around it.. I've worked it down to about 85 dB. The baffle I have coming will hopefully get it back into the 70's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got it. Looks great!

The Viking makes 78 dB at idle in stock form.

With the 2R tip, and no guts, it goes to 88 dB. Personally, that is louder than I want. I'm working on a baffle to mellow it out some. I made a baffle out of the OE guts, but due to the fact that it is almost as big as the hole it goes into, I can't put much packing around it.. I've worked it down to about 85 dB. The baffle I have coming will hopefully get it back into the 70's.
I'm interested in what you come up with. I'd like to mellow it out also.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm interested in what you come up with. I'd like to mellow it out also.....
the innards from the OE baffle are too big in diameter, amost 2". It doesn't allow enough room for a proper amount of packing material. I ordered a baffle off ebay that is a bit longer, but most importantly, it's about an inch in diameter. I'm gonna weld a flange to it (with the 4 bolt holes) and sandwich it between the can and the 2R tip.

It should be here before long. I'll be sure and post up when I get it done.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Been driving to within 100 yards of my deer stand the last couple of weeks with it just above idle most of the way. No problem so far with spooking any deer out of the area, dropped a doe last weekend and have passed on many others with Viking parked within sight.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got my baffle in the mail today. Probably won't get to it til later in the week, but I'll let y'all know when I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts