Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if I should have purchased the extended service plan (Y.E.S.) I took it in yesterday for the 10 hour service. The final bill was $422.29 and nothing out of pocket as it was covered in the plan, yes I paid for it or I will in the long run but with that plan in affect it will help my pocket and the resale! If you're thinking of buying a Viking or wolverine GET the plan!

That is all!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two pages of items. All fluids in both Diffs, transmission, engine. Spark plug replacement. Air filter replacement, cleaned air box. Checked numerous items. I asked them about the brakes being noises but they said it was normal. :-/

·
Registered
26 Posts
ON the brakes. I greased all moving parts ( minus the pad surface and rotors ) on ours hoping for a quitter ride. It did help around the yard and neighborhood, but after a thrashing this weekend at an off road park.... same old thing, I hear the fix is aftermarket pads.

·
Registered
26 Posts
And just for reference. I just had basically the same service done for 209.00. It was the 20 hour . Was on the fence on the extended warranty myself. ??? Mine has a minor backfire pop when engine braking ( downhill mostly ), not sure if it is normal or vaves are out of spec. Shop said the checked it. Ran into a Wolverine guy this weekend who was complaining of his exhaust glowing cherry red. He explained he had talked to Yamaha in Japan, and they assured him it was normal. As a shade tree mechanic I understand a lean tune is hot on the exhaust side. A clean emission is the same. Burn as much fuel as possible without extra emissions. Growing up in the drag race world I always heard lean is mean, humph. Wish my Viking had 5-10 more hp compared to other track stars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll be doing my 20hr service later this month, and was told by my dealer that it is roughly a 3 hr idea.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have the invoice in front of me but it seemed like I remember seeing that Labor was around 352 bucks. Well no biggee! My world is busy as heck and i don't have the time to do the Maintenance at the moment.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dealer's labor rate is 99.00 an hour. When I worked on cars for a living labor was 54.00 an hour and I got 17.00 of it. Wow things have changed!

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I was wondering if I should have purchased the extended service plan (Y.E.S.) I took it in yesterday for the 10 hour service. The final bill was $422.29 and nothing out of pocket as it was covered in the plan, yes I paid for it or I will in the long run but with that plan in affect it will help my pocket and the resale! If you're thinking of buying a Viking or wolverine GET the plan!

That is all!
So did you roll your first service into your warranty payment ? I also bought the warranty but I don't remember them saying anything about it covering the charge of the first service ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The service plan was added to the purchase but it was my understanding that the plan covered EVERYTHING. I got my paperwork out and it did indeed say the 10 hour, 60 hour, 100 and 200 hour services were completely no charge and in deed I paid nothing out of pocket when I picked it up. Again I know I'm paying for it. It's all good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts