Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok was riding today in a hole and was backing out of it and the front diff popped gave it some gas again and it popped again everytime it pops the front wheels stop spinning for a second. There is no slack in yolk or the axles. What could be causing this. ring and pinion or actuator or something else need help

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also it only makes noise in 4wd doesn't make any at all in 2wd

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyway to fix it or tighten it

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
No, it's designed to do that so nothing breaks. You can weld it up, but your chancing breaking something

Sent from The Green Machine

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do i order a whole new drive shaft cuz mine is popping so much now it's useless in 4wd

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's fine lol ig ill just order one its only like $90 for the the whole shaft on Yamaha parts warehouse

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So where does this shaft need to be welded gonna put 4 small tack welds on it and see If it will hold is the limiter at the at the front of the shaft

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is this limiter shaft located just before the diff or is it in the middle of the shaft

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I don't know, I'd have to go look and I just ate WAAAAAY to many breakfast tacos and I can't get off the couch right now! hahaha!!! I tried searching for it but couldn't find any pics

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's just outside of the output shaft on the engine. Mine started doing it often also. I was going to modify it and Then I just traded it in! Lol! It almost looks like a love joy coupler without the rubber inner part.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So is this limiter shaft located just before the diff or is it in the middle of the shaft

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i put 4 tack welds on each side of the coupler

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's on the engine side on the output shaft

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do hopefully it holds and nothing else breaks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well ive put two good rides on it and No more popping I put 4 tack welds on each side of the limiter its holding good

1 - 20 of 24 Posts