Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I found an interesting thing out today as I was installing Slime in all four tires. I jacked up all 4 tires to service all the tires and make it easier to spin the tires and while spinning the rear tires the left front tire also turned. I checked the 4 wheel drive selector and turned it to all 3 positions and back and no matter what it still spins regardless of it being in Neutral. Has anyone else had this issue or is it even an issue. Could this also explain why it would pull to the right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The wheel spin is normal, if it's pulling to the right it's out of alignment, you can adjust that yourself

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked the alignment and even adjusted it. After drive around for a while over several days one day it will be barely pulling then other days while on pavement you really have to hold it. it varies from day to day. And yes I have checked tire pressures. So you say it is normal for wheel spin even in 2 wheel drive? I would think that the transfer case would not be engaged unless 4 wheel drive was selected?

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's not locked in, but when it's up in the air with no weight on the wheels there is still enough friction that they will turn, 4 wheel drive pickups will do the same thing, does your viking pull to the right on pavement only, or anywhere?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kasja55,

Ok sounds understandable, and yes only on pavement does it pull to the right on the dirt it is fine. Yes I thought the angle of the road may have something to do with it as well but even the roads without the drainage angle it stays the same.

·
Registered
98 Posts
One other thing you might check, you might have already, eyeballing it get your drivers side steer tire lined up as straight as possible with the side of the viking and the rear tire, stand about 10 feet away to the front gives you a better look, once your sure it's straight, move left and look at passenger side steer tire and see if it is just as straight, ideally they both need to be straight, or just a slight toe in, not sure what else it can be other than your rig loaded down and to much weight on one side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts