Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how many miles the Viking will go on a tank of fuel?

We're going to be doing a 250 mile ride this summer. It's an over and back trip. We'll be able to fuel up at about 125 miles.
I'm just trying to plan ahead and decide how much additional fuel I'll need to take.

It'll be a mix of low and high range. There are sections where we'll be able to run 45+, but I'd say most will be at 10-20 mph.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mjn: i usually carry a 2 gallon gas jug, but have never need it. i usually get about 18-20 miles /per gallon. i understand your loading your machine up with all kinds of goodies.. best to keep it simple, like bullets guns and beers! yaya.. did you ever get that muffler baffle working? how was it a lot quieter ?
Yea, it seems like the 18-20 mpg is about typical, thanks!

As far as the baffle goes?

I changed it a dozen times.. I attempted to utilize the factory guts, but adding baffles inside, wrapping it with material etc. The bottom line is regardless what I did to it, the db levels were far too loud.
I ended up purchasing a generic steel baffle off ebay, and welding it to a new flange. This works quite well. I've got the db's back down to stock.

Here's the thread on the other forum with all the info. Starts on page 2.

http://www.****************/forum/engine-drivetrain/18018-2r-racing-exhaust-tip-2.html

Holy crap. I can't put a link here to the other forum? Really?

go the the "other" Viking forum, search for the thread called "2R racing exhaust tip".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mjn: i usually carry a 2 gallon gas jug, but have never need it. i usually get about 18-20 miles /per gallon. i understand your loading your machine up with all kinds of goodies.. best to keep it simple, like bullets guns and beers! yaya.. did you ever get that muffler baffle working? how was it a lot quieter ?
Oh, firearms and ammo are the MOST important! LOL!

Yea, I did finally finish my baffle. I ended up purchasing a generic one off ebay, & welding a round flange on the end. I then wrapped it with baffle material, and wrapped that with SS screen. It works great! It's about 3-5 dB's louder than stock, but has a good (much deeper) sound.
There is an entire thread on the other forum on it. Just search for "2r racing" and you should find it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it out and re-wrapped it one more time... did a little better job. I used a full thickness packing mat, then wrapped it with fine SS mesh, and wire tied it (4 times thru the holes in the baffle to keep it in place) and then wrapped the wire around and around to the end, making the overall thickness uniform. I cut the SS screen long enough to wrap around the inside end of the baffle too. It's just a bit quieter than it was, and so far I don't notice any loss of power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts