Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my viking out for its first ride last weekend and I noticed that a lot of the time going from neutral to reverse or neutral to drive I really had to put some muscle in it to get it to shift. Is this normal? As far as operation goes everything was normal but there were times when I really had to yank on the lever to get it to go into the gear I wanted. Also there were a few times when it was in the neutral position but the gauge wouldn't display any gear and it wouldn't start when i turned the key until I moved it up a gear then back down. I was hitting some heavy water/mud and don't know if that would have effected anything but she's only got a couple of miles on her and was expecting better from such an expensive machine.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Mine does that sometimes, what you should try to do is, tap the gas real quick and then it'll shift easier

Reactions: Ben

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine was somewhat hard to shift as you describe when my Viking was new as well. After several rides it shifts fine now. No issues, however a couple users had to remove their front hood area exposing the shifter area and they found a retaining clip that was missing and or never installed. Clip replaced they had no further problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it's new bring it back to the dealer for adjustment. Update your signature so we know what your ride is....

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have 300 miles on mine and it does the same thing.its alot better now than when it was new but still does it from time to time. like viking2k14 said. just give it a little gas and itll go right in.

Reactions: Michigan Viking VI
1 - 6 of 6 Posts