Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to upgrade to larger tires but would like input from people who have already done so. For most of us larger tires are a big money purchase and Im sure everyone would love to hear Pro's and Con's about upgrading. Those of you that have upgraded please share some info about which tires you decided to go with and if you had to install clutch kits, etc. Also which website's did you find the best deal. Thank you!

·
Banned
261 Posts
I will let you know this weekend when I mount my 28 inch zillas. They are on ITP Delta wheels. They came from MotoXMall.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Running 27x11x14 / 27x9x14 Sedona rip saws on Spyder wheels. I like them no mods. I've had them on since I took it from the dealer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I will let you know this weekend when I mount my 28 inch zillas. They are on ITP Delta wheels. They came from MotoXMall.
Any pics of them

·
Registered
260 Posts
Im, running 27x9x14 and 27x11x14 sti roctane xd on 14in sti hd4 wheels. no clutch kit. love the wheels. the tires are just ok for me. the dealer recommended them and they were put on when i bought my viking. and i rolled with it. after riding for some time ive noticed they are definitely made for more rocky conditions. im pretty sure theyd crawl up a wall like spider man. but i run more mud and muddy hills than anything so theyr not the best tire for me. depending on badmonkeys review im going to switch to either zillas or mega mayhems.

·
Banned
261 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
27-12-12 and 27-9-12 Interco Swamplites... very aggressive and tear my yard up, I ride more hard pack and rocky conditions but these were priced right.... i wish I had got something a little less aggressive like the mud lites, roctanes or the radial reptiles...no clutch and don't plan on it. the Viking just absolutely needs bigger tires.. 25's look gay...... got em from KJ Motorsports.. they have a website and ebay store..
I think they were 420 shipped

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just put the Swamplites on, 27x9x12 on front and the 27x12x12 on the back. Used the stock SE rims and no clutch kit. also got them from KJ motorsports. Love them

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Swamp lites are ok but wear faster then most other tires....been there done that, they are good but there much better options out there and I would take mega mayhems over zillas just my .02

·
Registered
260 Posts
Swamp lites are ok but wear faster then most other tires....been there done that, they are good but there much better options out there and I would take mega mayhems over zillas just my .02
i really like the mega mayhems but im thinking the difference in weight and tread depth might make my viking a little snappier and faster overall and mite keep me from breaking stuff while still gripping better in mud and on hills than the roctanes.

·
Banned
261 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I put 27x9, and 27x11''s on OEM 12" wheels when I bought the Viking. Paid $387 for a set of Interco Radial Reptiles from Discount Tire Direct. They are extremely agressive and what I need to travel in wet bottoms, and swamp country. Sold the gay 25" for $200 so end results is $187 to upgrade. Will buy 14" in wheel and same tires and new wheels in future You know got to spend that money somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I'm running 28x9x14 interco swamplites on 14" Itp ss112.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Banned
261 Posts
Yeah. There are a couple of posts about them.

Check the other forum.

·
Banned
261 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
started with 27 inch mud lite xtr and now got 30 inch sti outback max with 3 inch lift. love both of them
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

1 - 20 of 35 Posts