Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just found out this morning my four year old son has lost the keys to my viking and i have looked every where please does anyone know if i can call yamaha direct and give them my vin and get a new key or will i have to order a new switch and all please i need help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would imagine it's not all that difficult to get a replacement key from Yamaha if you give them the VIN. However, I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The key is numbered, there is a place in the manual to write it down, the dealer may have done it for you, otherwise yes you can give the VIN to the dealership to get a new key.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just went through this and although I found one key (luckily) I did order "keys" from Yamaha. What I got were blanks and not keyed to my ride. I took them to a pretty experienced lock smith and he cut both blanks and they didn't work worth a shit. He also gave me a blank he had from his stock and it cut and worked fine. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went to a locksmith and had four extra keys made from there stock and worked great, I did buy extra blanks from yamaha first and had them cut and there again didn't work.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My dealer wrote down my key number and has it at the dealership

1 - 13 of 13 Posts