Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a 2" Hilifter lift kit in my viking but ended up with about 4 inches. I have 30 inch tires on 14 inch rims, When I originally put tires on I had no rubbing issues but after a 1000 miles, I decided to put one in. if I hit bumps real hard it would hit, No problems now lift kit 2.jpg lift kit 3.jpg lift kit 4.jpg lift kit.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks awesome. Taller than your pickup. My viking with stock tires and rims just fits in my toy hauler with maybe 3" to spare. Maybe larger tires for me in the future but thats it or I would have to buy a new toy hauler HA.....

Reactions: chinamanjw

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice work that looks awesome, looks like your at about 16" ground clearance! Does it feel like your bouncing around a lot more during regular riding since the lift? It looks like it could take a lot of action out of the shocks. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I am very surprised about how well it road, It took just enough of the stiffness out of the shocks. The first thing I did was Take it down the nearest and roughest trail from my camp to test it out. It doesn't ride like a Cadillac but its better than stock

Reactions: Ben

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Looks good man. I agree with what you said, I put a lift on mine and it does ride alot better with the lift. I wish some one would come up with some after market shocks with some kind on adjustments.

Reactions: chinamanjw

·
Banned
52 Posts
Guys with lifts and big tires, did you take the inner fender off or leave on the front

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took my inner finder guard off when I had no lift. Not sure if it would rub now with it but I'm leaving it off because it's much easier to rinse out an clean when it's off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I left mine on

·
Registered
68 Posts
I left mine on as well

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also left mine on but I am only running 27x12x12 tires

·
Registered
98 Posts
That happened with the 31 outlaws I changed to rocktanges bc of the wheight there only 34 lbs to 46 on the outlaws

1 - 20 of 27 Posts