Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well started on my lift last night almost got the front done and ill be taking pics to post on here later tonight or tomorrow. looks like im going to get about 4 inches of lift out of it. i could go higher but it puts the tie rod ends in a bind. also the way ive made it it brings the shocks closer to straight upright so that should cut down some on the sag that ive read about. got to trim the front left brackets and make the back brackets then paint hopefully will be done tonight. will take pics and measurements of before and after.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here it is the front brackets was the hardest part had Just a hair over 11" of clearance before didnt like the way the tie rod ends were in a bind so backed the lift down an inch

Attachments

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Z71, I see a problem in that last pick. That long thing bolted to your new bracket is a piece of shit! hahaha! Nice work man!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I agree I thought about trying to find some air shocks that will fit that way i could adjust them based on where I was gonna be riding

·
Banned
177 Posts
well started on my lift last night almost got the front done and ill be taking pics to post on here later tonight or tomorrow. looks like im going to get about 4 inches of lift out of it. i could go higher but it puts the tie rod ends in a bind. also the way ive made it it brings the shocks closer to straight upright so that should cut down some on the sag that ive read about. got to trim the front left brackets and make the back brackets then paint hopefully will be done tonight. will take pics and measurements of before and after.
I'm curious to see what the final amount of rear lift is? You mentioned the front but you are showing just a bit over 13" for the rear...are you done all of the way around? I bought the 3" lift for mine and then I decided to see how much more I could go. So I pulled the upper shock bolts out and let the suspension drop just a little bit further...but it wasn't too far (like very little) and I could feel the CV joint starting to bind up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes Mass i have done the back it is just 2 staight pieces of flat bar that goes across the two original shock mounts and moves the shocks 2" out and 1/2" down i could get abouut 2" more out of the back but i didnt like the way it nose dived so i dropped it back down to keep it level also thes shocks are sagging a little when i first sit it on the ground it had almost 15" of clearance front and back but after driving around the yard this is where they settled at

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its 1/4" by 2" and thanks wanted to go a little thicker just in case now I'm working on a radio

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just curious, do you have welded in tubing so it sleeves the bolts or do the bolts do the work with just plain holes in the mounting plates?

Sent from my fully boosted twin turbo HTC 1 M8 using tapasquawk!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bolts pretty much do the work but I do have tubing between the stock mounts so they do not collapse

·
Registered
27 Posts
The bolts pretty much do the work but I do have tubing between the stock mounts so they do not collapse
Nice z71, definitely the right way of doing it to prevent any future problems with stump jumping or heavy loads. Looks awesome. Let's see some panoramic pics after the lift!

Sent from my twin-turbo charged iPad using Tapatalk...but I'm having trouble dialing in the boost so bear with me!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update on the lift I didnt like how much the shocks sagged so I made my own spring spacers out of 2" schedule 40 pvc. The front is a 1" piece and the backs are 1 1/4" piece it now has 14 1/2" of clearance front and back

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just for comparison I'm almost 6'1

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far the lift is holding up have 1 good 8hour ride and 2 short rides on it and nothings has broke besides my front drive shaft

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea just finding all the weak links and then it'll be great

1 - 17 of 17 Posts