Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if viking has power to pull brush hog, pull logs and and such. Can't find any videos of this. I am looking at utv to use on 18 acre tract. Leaning towards polaris 900, but like yamaha name better. Yamaha has served me well in the past. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's not me so I can't speak from personal experience I found it on the Internet . I know it doesn't exactly answer your questions , but it shows decent pulling power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I use my viking to pull my brush hog all the time, just use low gear

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string

·
Registered
9 Posts
While I haven't yet pulled any logs(that's coming when I start clearing the house site), I have pulled several telephone poles and railroad ties. I continue to be impressed with the power and versatility of this machine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I routinely pull my 8'x10' spike tooth harrow to grade our laneway and riding ring
In low and sometimes 4wd if it's wet.
Have used it to pull tree stumps to the burn pile.
Have even used it to pull a fully loaded hay wagon.
This thing is a beast!

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the past 18 months I have used mine to pull logs out of my Wood lot using a log arch, drag logs short distances on the dirt, drag large brush piles to my burning area. Stock Viking with 27" Grim Reapers. Always in low and 4wd. No issues!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yesterday I pulled a 1300 lb. trailer with a ton of rock around my house. I used low range and four wheel drive. biggest problem was stopping it . I was very hesitant, but it did ok. mostly concerned with the belt. I think the manual says 1500 lb of rolling weight or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts