Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

On my second cylinder head rebuild after overheating engine has warped the head.

Love the Viking, especially after the Polaris Ranger I had as a replacement while the Viking was getting fixed, but the engine constantly runs way too hot.

Its had 2 new exhausts as well that have cracked where they come out of the engine, no doubt due to the excessive heat.

How do I get the engine to run cooler. I have ordered a Spal fan which is en route from America but wondering about other ways to help reduce engine heat.

Any after market exhausts that reduce back pressure on the engine?

Anyone tried the fuel controller plug ins.

Do radiator coolants make a difference.

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Kenny
Scotland

·
Registered
54 Posts
i installed a pusher fan (amazon 30.0 bucks) in front of the rad, (the factory fan is crap but if catch it time ), rebuild it ! the second comes on the same time as the main fan , but is powered by an secondary battery, (winch battery)the factory fan relay is a piece of shit , replace it with an decent 30 amp relay , then another relay to power the second (switching is done from the first ), secondly the exhaust , get rid of the 1" exit tube . punch it out and then replace the innerards with stainless steel pot scrubbers, and a 2" down spout. i have no problem with with these mods. also install a plate below the engine exhuast and top of the rear drive, if you want to eliminate any differentials problem! one other mod is install a oil breather to avoid oil sucking into the air cleaner, if your machine was new DO NOT TRUST DEALER PDI ,, some fluids were not up to requirements including antifreeze. SO check this going forward. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts