Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I machined what I think is the very first machined sheave by any one for the Viking, I can't be sure it has not been done but I don't think so.

The machined sheave on a Viking is going to benefit a Viking in two ways, lower lows for better take off especially with big tires and higher top speeds.

We are not going to get the normal average 10mph gain like on a Rhino something more like 5mph. Why? For the most part the sheave thate comes in a Viking is a grizzly 700 sheave so the roller weight track is already a little bit longer than the rhino track was. The sheave in a Viking is unique to the Viking, so you can not use a sheave from anything else and get the right result, there is a dimension difference that makes the difference.

I am hoping to test the sheave on the Viking tomorrow.

Also we already have a big tire clutch kit with greaseless weights and secondary spring on our site too.

Also am looking at getting vendor status here too.

Todd

·
Registered
37 Posts
I sold a ton of hunter works sheaves for the rhino while working at Yamaha and have driven the rhino with and without the sheave.Never had a customer complaint!If its anything like the one you guys made for the rhino the improvement will be substantial! Can hardly wait till I have enough room on the credit card to get one for my Viking Tod!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Installed Hunterworks wet slug kit and machined sheave kit, picked up speed and a stronger pull out of the hole with the 30" tires. While I was under the hood I installed a Power Commander V with their Autotune kit and an HMF Swamp Series exhaust which sounds very nice! These parts all seem to work nicely together twisting the 30's like the stock 25's now. Added a 50" light bar to complete the idiot spending spree!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts